Celebrity Cruises has revealed the range of entertainment options for passengers aboard its new ship Celebrity Ascent, with nightlife experiences on the Resort Deck, live productions, and interactive gaming experiences.
Celebrity Ascent is the fourth ship in the Edge class for Celebrity Cruises. At 140,600 gross tons she is a near-identical sistership to Celebrity Edge, Apex and Beyond, and is due for delivery in November, with her maiden voyage planned for December 3rd, 2023.
Entertainment experiences offered for guests will include a dance party called Ascent After Dark: Shine the Night up on the Resort Deck, as well as six new production shows, and live performances at Eden, Ascent’s three-story dining and social venue.
“We embraced the opportunity with Celebrity Ascent to take our entertainment offering to an even higher level for our guests, handpicking the best creative minds to deliver a world-class program that solidifies Celebrity’s reputation for onboard entertainment that stuns,” said Lisa Lehr, Vice President of Entertainment, Celebrity Cruises.
“We are so excited to show guests how our new entertainment offering can level up their vacation in ways they’ve never experienced before,” she added. “With elements our guests love plus some new surprises, Ascent offers something for everyone and adds to the memories they will have for a lifetime.”
The Resort Deck party will feature high-energy live performances, a prism light show, and a DJ creating what Celebrity calls “a pulsating dance floor”, with guests invited to bring their best metallic attire.
The six new production shows aboard Celebrity Ascent will feature state-of-the-art technology, including kinetic lighting, lasers and the use of IMAG to display real-time live performances on a larger-than-life LED screen.
The shows include:
Awaken – a contemporary and technological show taking guests on a journey through a showcase of surreal dreams and awakening their senses to explore a world where anything is possible.
Residency – a high energy concert production inspired by iconic Las Vegas residencies, celebrating timeless artists from Elvis to Lady Gaga, Cher, U2, and Bruno Mars, featuring authentic footage paying homage to Las Vegas and the iconic restored signs from the Neon Museum, filmed exclusively for the show.
Bridges – a feel-good, uplifting celebration of human connection, set against the backdrop of some of the world’s most iconic bridges from London to Venice, New York, San Francisco, and Sydney, and featuring an automated bridge onstage.
The entertainment continues beyond the main theater stage, with immersive and intimate performances throughout the ship.
At Eden guests can enjoy performances featuring acrobatics, vocals and world-class choreography:
Allure takes audiences on a journey following the ship’s resident visual artist on a search for inspiration from the world’s natural beauty paired with acrobatics and feel good music.
Shimmerbox is a nostalgia fest with 70s hits that entice guests to dance and soak up the lavish glistening spectacle all around them.
Dreams, invites guests to enjoy a wondrously intriguing night in a fantastical world of dazzling live performances, interactive games and unforgettable characters.
Elsewhere aboard Celebrity Ascent, The Club will offer a new immersive show, called Smoke & Ivories, taking audiences back in time to an old Hollywood club with a modern twist. The set comes to life through the use of projection technology, dance performances, and vocal performances.
The latest gaming and interactive activities can also be found aboard Celebrity Ascent, with a range of complimentary new experiences available on every sailing, including:
- Game On: Augmented Multiplayer Experience, where players compete in interactive competitions using their own body as a controller;
- Guilty Pleasures party, a singalong extravaganza;
- An escape-style game called Sands of Time, where guests work in teams to unlock the mystery through a series of puzzles and clues in this must-play challenge;
- Sketch Art Classes for all guests, from beginners to advanced sketchers with step-by-step lessons from a visual artist.
In addition to Edge Series favorite Jazz at The Club, where world-class orchestra musicians perform the very best of jazz music up close and personal, Celebrity Ascent’s musicians will feature in two brand new live concert-style celebrations:
Funkified, a journey through the evolution of funk, from classic hits to modern funk-inspired tunes, and from its roots in the 60s to its influence on modern pop.
Discoteque, bringing the very best of the Disco Era to life in a high-energy party under the Mirrorball in The Club, with tunes from Earth, Wind & Fire, Donna Summer, Bee Gees and more.
Adding to Celebrity Ascent’s award-winning music nights, a piano bar entertainer will perform on various nights in bars and lounges throughout the ship, adding to the ship’s lively environment.
Returning Edge class favourites:
Celebrity Ascent also brings back popular signature Edge Series onboard programming including:
- Nightlife experiences like the 80s Flashback at The Club, Silent Disco, Tune to Table Live Band Karaoke, Ritmo Latin party, ABBA sing-along party and Bingo.
- Pickleball at Sea, bringing the popular sport to the high seas through complimentary on board open-courts with panoramic ocean views.
- Pub Games Night transforming The Club into an active pub setting with cool beverages and pub games including street curling, darts, golf putting, tabletop shuffleboard and more.
- Camp at Sea, featuring more than 500 activities for kids to participate in, as the only fully customizable kids cruise program in the industry catering to any and all interests.
- Spectacular Chandelier Light Shows in the Grand Plaza, 13 different chandelier light shows choreographed to music and highlighting the brand’s flair bartenders.
Celebrity Ascent’s inaugural 2023-2024 winter Caribbean and summer European season will kick off on November 22nd, 2023 when she sails her first passenger voyage, with her official maiden voyage taking place December 3rd.
The ship will remain in the Caribbean until April next year, when she will reposition to the Mediterranean.